Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design
Yeah Peter ....sounds like a good idea ....a lot of us have experience in these areas .... would be good to have a day to share our ideas with each other...and really helpful for the newer members
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
I think it’s a great idea! It’s hard to to find the right glue and use it right when you’re new
(13-05-2018, 04:59 PM)KENNYGLIDE Wrote: Yeah Peter ....sounds like a good idea ....a lot of us have experience in these areas .... would be good to have a day to share our ideas with each other...and really helpful for the newer members

Yes, I now have considerable experience in collecting models that need repairing... Is this what you mean Kennyglide?

I can manage repairing my models on my own, but what I really need is a workshop on adding an extra Sunday to the week or getting my kids to bed at 4:00pm.  Tongue
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
At this stage we could use the existing clubhouse for repairs & workshops or we could wait for the "NEW" clubhouse to be finished. It will be insulated against the cold and hopefully have work bench's installed. Just a thought!!
Angel
Yeah sounds like a good way to get a feel for the new clubhouse.... will be lots of other stuff to do getting the new building into shape...I think the workshops may need to renamed working bees for a little while.... having said that a one day workshop can still be discussed at the next meeting  Wink
Half a wing completed for the depron spectre! Came out to be a lot more symmetrical than I planned but I guess it will just be faster then

Attached Files Image(s)

If like me you can't afford to have your planes falling out of the sky or simply reducing your fleet by natural attrition here are some great SPAD options.... talking with one of our club members yesterday and thinking maybe get the SPAD BUILDING on the go sooner rather than later... ie: not waiting till the club house is built . Here's the link to RC GROUPS SPAD THREAD... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thumbgal...starter=no
Hi Kenny G. From my point of view, Id rather a simple one 2 learn from, Like the delta"s, flying wing etc. However there r a few there that I wouldn't mind making and flying. Need 2 give these young ones a run 4 their money. (lol!) there is a falcon Id like 2 do on there as well. P
(08-07-2018, 04:58 PM)KENNYGLIDE Wrote: If like me you can't  afford to have your planes falling out of the sky  or  simply reducing  your fleet by natural attrition here are some great SPAD options.... talking with one of our club members yesterday and thinking maybe get the SPAD BUILDING on the go sooner rather than later... ie: not waiting till the club house is built .  Here's the link to RC GROUPS  SPAD  THREAD...    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thumbgal...starter=no

There was about half a dozen members that wanted to be part of the depron/coreflute build when Ken first raised it. There was a wide range of building experience in that group. Would it be worthwhile for those interested to sit down at the next club day and go through half a dozen plans and pick one you would all build. Like the previous exercise with powered gliders I think it was. That way the more experienced could work with the less experienced and share the build of each others aircraft. I would be happy to contribute with the loan of whatever building equipment to those without. There's certainly enough tables and space for a joint build down there. Worth a thought.
Dave & Kennyglide,
Why not start now!! we have a shed already sitting there, that can handle 6 people, with out any dramas. Why don't we put together some start dates and see what happens.
We just need someone to organise a day and what type of project plane or planes??
I understand that Vinegar has already built a few spads and just needs to test fly.
Angel