Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design
Thumbs Up 
Here is a link to a really well detailed and simple 6mm DEPRON wing build ...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_RzXO5u3M0&t=180s            Wink PS: One of our members has just completed the EXPERIMENTAL AIRLINES "AXON " pusher featured on youtube.
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
[attachment=19] TUFFY ... ailerons can be added when when the pilot feels confident flying with rudder and elevator .Free Plans available.
This could be how our club Build-A-Thon will look..........   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhK7lhOPWD4&t=114s
WOW..... this is a corflute EXTRA 1200mm wingspan .....can also be found on YouTube. ..this site offers great build pics/plans.... http://blis.hobby-site.com/blisoft_blister.htm
Here's what I'm building:
https://www.flitetest.com/articles/1-3m-...oom-pusher
Just waiting on carbon spars, then I can finish it Smile
Have just read the link Liam .... looks like an interesting and versatile
plane ,you may be interested in the mass build we are going to discuss at the next meeting..... i really am not sure how we are going to go about the project .... my initial intentions were to build simple (probably DEPRON delta wings or maybe even the TUFFY pictured a few posts back)....on mass so we could get the feel of it ,also a lot simpler to cut out all the same pieces off the one plan . Maybe then move on to a simple CORFLUTE model and do the same thing.... i feel it may be a bit confusing to try and build all different types of weird and wonderful models using different materials as a first project...i think it may be better to get a bit of practice and learn some building techniques and then tackle the models we really want to build..... DEPRON AND CORFLUTE are so cheap we could just remove the running gear (Servos,Motor,Esc,ect) from the first model and put them in the second Corflute plane for economy.... they may even be powerful enough to go in the model you fancy building!...... and Attention Club Members ,any spare MOTORS,ESCS ,PROPS ,SERVOS ,CONTROL RODS, RECEIVERS ,CONTROL HORNS, SERVO WIRES ,VELCRO, CARBON ROD , SCRAPS OF BALSA, ECT: that are hanging around in the shed
doing nothing, please bring them in to help with this project ... for sale or give away it all helps, as these projects are all about saving money and building planes that are affordable to all and lots of BUILDING FUN in the process..... please put forward all ideas so we can discuss them at the next meeting and get this thing Happening...... Cheers Ken
As for cheap, easy, durable and aerobatic models, this would be extremely good:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre...atic-video
I've made the micro version and it flies like nothing else
I like the twin-boom drone thingie. I'd love to get into flying fixed-wing FPV through the trees... not sure how I'd sell the idea to the financial controller though... buying into it will be expensive by the looks of it.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
For fpv, all you need is a camera, VTX, goggles. Camera and VTX will be around $20-70 and goggles are generally $100 or more for a half-decent pair

It gets expensive once you want to do long range of course, but that’s technically illegal in Australia unless you have an rpas licence and submit an application to casa each time you want to fly beyond line of sight
(08-05-2018, 03:28 PM)Liam Walton Wrote: For fpv, all you need is a camera, VTX, goggles. Camera and VTX will be around $20-70 and goggles are generally $100 or more for a half-decent pair

It gets expensive once you want to do long range of course, but that’s technically illegal in Australia unless you have an rpas licence and submit an application to casa each time you want to fly beyond line of sight

With regards Kennyglide, how about a workshop on fixing the planes we have crashed that r repairable? That could go with ur building project. Seems nearly everyone has planes that need repairing, from foamies, 2 balsa.