Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design
The plans I'm using are for a 1.3m wingspan. it would be very easy to scale to any size though
As previously stated I would like to start with something easy...like a delta wing....I'll put the link in the next post ... simple build on YouTube. This may be an easy way forward... especially for the new people..... I have made one in the past...it was slow if required and also could put on a turn of speed....and ....can
be fitted with almost any old motor and esc that happens to be laying around ..also great for learners to fly. If we can get some feedback as to whether we want to build the same model to the same plans first up ...it would be an easier build for obvious reasons .... But doesn't necessarily have to be that way .all.. feedback greatly appreciated .?
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Yer Kenny that sounds like a plan
Why not incorporate a build program in a flying Sunday. We have the shelter, the tables and chairs and space. No reason you cant have a fly and build on the same day. I'm sure we can re structure the catering around the available space. Or alternatively as we have gone back to mainly flying every second Sunday, that being the 1st and 3rd. Why not make the alternate Sundays the 2nd and 4th at the Club the build day. Maybe with a sausage sizzle and still with the option of throwing up a plane while the glue dries.
It wont hurt to turn on the BBQ for a feed, maybe the 2nd sunday of the month might work and have a fly.
Angel
Now ur talking. That sounds a great idea. 2nd and 4th sundays do a build, and fly if possible, along with the 1st and 3rd. Could build in the morning and fly afterwards, or whatever. Coz we have said we fly most sundays?? Delta wing sounds good, and we could go on with others builds after wards. When r u going 2 start this off, Kenny?
Hey Kennyglide?? Its been suggested, why not start this sunday? Get there about 11 am, u bring ur plans, lets decide which one we go for, have a sausage sizzle, then u can tell us what tools, eguipment, materials etc that we will need. People could have 2 weeks then 2 get organized, and then u can instruct us how 2 get going. the weather lately has been good days, although sunday is supposed 2 b really windy. Might suit ur build? any takers?
Hi Ken. If you start this Sunday with support from those who put their hand up. I will do the sausage sizzle for everyone.
Dangling the carrot Dave or should i say the sausage... how could i resist an offer like that? ...... Yeah i think it would be a good opportunity to have a chat and get the ball rolling.... as far as tools ect: nothing special required mostly just the usual glue gun, and the other tools we use for the assembly of Balsa Arf and Foamies maybe a Gas blow torch for flashing corflute. , and a little heat for the bending processes.. BUT not required for this first project as I still would prefer to stick with the simple delta wing to start with..... I have some DEPRON ....size 19.5 inches x 27.5 inches which would suit the delta project perfectly.... i will supply these free to those who want to build the delta wing described in the following youtube link.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDi0Tfj0vIc ........ if some other people can get some tape for the project by Sunday perhaps we can make a start doing the covering,if not i will still bring the DEPRON and we can mark them out and cut to size....... i have enough tape to do my own so maybe a bit of a covering lesson by someone who knows what they are doing.... i would appreciate some replies so i know approximately how many sheets of Depron i will need to supply. For members who would prefer to build something different just bring the plans ,would be good to see what else is out there and maybe look at building them in the future .... HERE'S THE LINK AGAIN FOR THE SIMPLE DELTA WING. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDi0Tfj0vIc
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Yer I’m keen I’ll be there Sunday what tape do we need Kenny