Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design
I'll see if I can drop around on my way home tomorrow.

I wonder if 2.5 and 5mm corflute would make much difference. An extra one or two hundred grams may turn it into a pig.

I doubt that you could reign everyone in until the clubhouse is built once everyone sees the plans and YouTube clips. I saw the one with the 15 engine. I don't want a toy one Kennyglide! I want to play with the big boys!
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
I wonder if the black corflute 2mm is ok ? It seems to be more readily available. Bunnings have 2.5 black ,but not in Warwick. I have 3mm and 5mm white . Bunnings have black 2.5mm... what appears to be corflute but they call it project panel...they also have 2.5mm black "tunnelcore " which also looks like corflute... so some options there but would need to go to Toowoomba to check it out... I guess it would not be the end of the world if the plane ended up a bit heavy. I think I will send out a search party to find the 2mm white .. must be available somewhere. Just found this ... https://www.protectivefilm.com.au/corflu...c-2440-122
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Im with u Marcel. Make it bigger Kennyglide 2 take a 46. I have a couple here spare.
Just found some more 2mm white ... need to bulk buy this one but it is cheap ... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Corflute-Flo...:rk:2:pf:0
Done some research... 2mm white or blue 350gsm corflute proctective covering available at Rocklea ...any amount , to anyone .... https://www.protectivefilm.com.au/protec...ute-350gsm
Well Kennyglide, y don't u get some orders, and the $ and order some 4 those who want it and go from there. Will a 30 size fit the mig? I think I found a 30 OS.
OS30 sounds perfect

Marcel .... i will not be home this afternoon.
(11-10-2018, 10:23 AM)Peter T Wrote: Well Kennyglide, y don't u get some orders, and the $ and order some 4 those who want it and go from there. Will a 30 size fit the mig? I think I found a 30 OS.

I'm not sure who wants to do this build at the moment Peter....I intend to cut some templates and do an initial build to be sure it flies well ...if all goes well , we will  have the templates ready to go,then people can decide if the MIG 7 is what they really want.These planes should really suit Pylon Racing as they are cheap and break resisistant. The New Clubhouse is a Priority so I cannot see this project beginning until after  it" the Clubhouse" is up and running.
Ok, fair enough. If u have 2 get any corflute, let me know I will do one 2. It was a 25 I ended up with, + fuel tank. So say when templates r ready, and Ill join u 2 c if it works well or not.

Is wet as up here, 112 mm rain so far in the last week.
Dunno what i'm gonna do .... may have to scale it up..from 45" to 48" wingspan... my smallest motor is an Evolution .45.. unless i can score an ASP .25 off someone ... "GREG" . or maybe someone else with a .25 or .30 to sell?