Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design
Oh good. Well I will come down 2. Gas blow torch?? I want 2 make one, not melt it. Sounds good kennyglide, c u then.
Seems at this point only 2 sheets of DEPRON will be required.as only 2 people have expressed an interest in the DELTA WING...... I will bring a couple of extras just in case other people get excited by the prospect of a simple ,fast ,easy to fly ,and most importantly CHEAP to build plane. Also to answer your question Jason I am not sure this coloured thin tape is available in Warwick but I reckon just wide packing tape would do the trick as it will be a very light craft anyway..... you can get clear and yukky brown colour at Bunnings .... who knows they may have some nicer colours by now ..... here is a LINK showing how to go about covering your DEPRON. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbyVGfB1oCg Cheers Ken
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Hi Ken, l think there might be more than 2 people there tomorrow, if it looks simple to build a few more will join in!!
Angel
I'm keen. So long as I can fit a REAL ENGINE, not one of those fiddly non-noise and non-smoke making thingies.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
How did today go? Sorry I couldn't make it. Too much to do at home.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Thanks for a good time Kennyglide. Am eagerly waiting 4 part 2 next week. Was well worth it and the hands on was great. Only suggestion 4 next week, is maybe do the build in the morning, while the sun is in our eyes. we can fly after?
    R.T.F........not the most streamlined but should do the job .... I am not going to be available for the next 2 weekends due to family stuff ,but will leave the finished wing at the shed so anyone that is interested can copy it or at least get some ideas . I am going to maiden it so hopefully it is still in one piece . If requested I can I can leave any tools.ie: cutters, pva glue ,depron , ...I will glue a few sheets of the depron together with pva in preparation as it takes a day or two to dry, our test sheets stuck together really well. I will also bring some MDF to use as a cutting board..... Cheers Ken
Complete with battery ect:

Attached Files Image(s)

Ah ! Hi Kennyglide where are you?? 
SPAD is a stand still   Smile