Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wednesday Flyers
Don't worry, I'm very mode 1.
Good on u Kenny glide. I like that one!! That goes for anyone flying mode 4 as well. Is there any mode 4 flyers around? If u have to fly a different mode to mode 1, then pick mode 3, its almost the same. But as our Gold wing Assoc member said on Sunday, He liked the 2 different controls in mode 1, (elevator, and Aileron, on different sticks). Yep almost anyone can do mode 2 in the air, but take of and land, u better pray good.
As almost always, turns out there's something else on and I can't make it. I'll get to the field one day before my membership ends
Liam ..are you leaving the club?
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Hopefully not. It just seems that whenever I get the opportunity to fly, something comes up. I’ve only been to the field a handful of times so far. I’ll definitely try to get there more often this year
Okay Dave, whats the verdict? Bit hot, but looks good, and not much wind.
Wednesday Flyers is on this afternoon 16/01/19. Peter are you living in daylight savings time. That would explain why you're asking the question so early. Official time 4pm to 6pm but come early and stay late if you want. Sausage sizzle gold coin donation. See you then.
Well, what do u expect, NSW has DST. However Im coming via Killarney this time, so Ill b a bit longer anyway, .Am aiming 2 get @ field about 3.30pm Qld time. Lol!
Will be there (nitro). 4.30-5ish
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
A pleasant cool evening after a stinker of a day. Dennis's new Phoenix glider behaved nicely. Smiles all round there. Dan's continued practice and stick time is paying off with some nice maneuver's on his cub. Rumour has it he has a new challenge in the wings. Ken was truly heart in mouth flying with his nitro. At one point we thought he was just showing off with this unusual dog like tail waggle. Turned out he was  in trouble with the faulty hinges and his rudder coming adrift causing all sorts of issues. He came in pretty rough but no permanent damage so his bird lives to fly another day. Nice to know when it wasn't your fault. Most of the time you never truly know for sure what the problem was. Marcel threw his Wot Wot I think it was around in the first flight including almost unlimited vertical with a dead stick landing at the end. He did even more erratic, violent maneuvers including at last count 320 loops in the second flight. Honestly we lost interest after 214. Turns out his throttle was stuck fully open and he was burning holes in the sky  till he ran out of fuel and performed a beautiful dead stick landing. Good to see Jason's Valiant flying again. Some nice flying with one obvious error that even Jason couldn't convince us was a deliberate touch and go. Greg has put out a call for any sign writers in our group. He wants to name his Scanner. I've suggested Drovers Dog as its always in the ute. A landmark for Peter T today. He went home with as many intact planes as he came with. Finally give a thought for Barry and Jo who were unable to be with us today. They are struggling on the coast over the water consuming cooling beverages. Out thoughts go out to you. Watch this space next Wednesday for confirmation of another afternoon fly