Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wednesday Flyers
Come on Dave. Its nearly 1pm, do I load up? The weather looks good from here. Looks like the only exciting things today is will Gregs Scanner become another Drovers dog again, will Dave actually fly something and take it home in 1 piece? Oh, I forgot, you lot r on Qld time. Well I'll come back here in a little bit more, c if u lot r up yet?
I’m definitely coming along this time. I’ll be around a bit before 4 to a bit before 5
Todays Wednesday flying is on. 4pm to 6pm. Come earlier stay later if you like. BBQ gold coin donation. Looking forward to seeing some scanner flying PeterT.
Hey Dave, if u have some of that change still from last week, can u bring it. Merry needs some. Great, Im on my way in a bit. Get there bit after 3.
Well... I'll definitely be there unless it's actually raining and storming at the field
This news flash just in from our correspondent on the the Wednesday  front.  Greg  finally managed to coax his drovers dog from the back of the ute and into the sky. Flown very well. The rattling noise was apparently  the engine. Juries out there but the drovers dog has been renamed Gregs scanner. Dans cessna looks great at dusk with navigation lights. Dan really needs to progress to silver wings.  Jasons valiant looks like a little brother or sister you cant shake compared to Dans cessna. Greg trialled another of Barrys planes which had an urge to roll but should be a quick fix. Just like Barrys skysurfer thats had a nose job. Barrys squadron should be flown to the song dirty deeds done dirt cheap. Dennis threw up his high wing trainer. Engine nicely tuned and flown well. John got out of his sick bed to say gday.  Keep him downwind unless you want it too. Speedy recovery John. Now that Greg  has flown his scanner the pressure falls on Peter T. The other scanner owner who's plane is like the phantom.  Ghost who walks. Heard of but never seen. Come on pete lets see this bird you want to form a competition with. A special thankyou to the member i refer to as BP to his face but many other names behind his back. Barry  who supplied the snags today as well as the steakets. Too much stress for me so snag steaket burgers next week for the cost of the usual gold coin. Another BP thankyou for rejuvinating and renovating the verandah deck chairs kindly donated by Marcel and Catherine. When i questioned the shape of the back rest barry suggested that they were probably designed for lumbar support for the elderly.  How nice.... a heads up of our future. As usual watch this space next Wednesday  for confirmation of a Wednesday fly day
This afternoons flying is on. Bazza burgers defrosting as I type. Looking forward to seeing PeterT^s Phantom. All being well the wind and temperature will drop as its done previously. Hope to see as many as possible
Another good turn out. Thanks to those who made it out to the field. The wind did the right thing and eased off towards dusk though Dan continues to lead by example by ignoring it as we all should. Ken and Peter T threw up their Bixlers. Wasnt that hard to tell them apart. Kens wants to clap its wings as it goes vertical or screams past at ground level. Dennis did some nice circuits followed by some plowing at the end. Alas no sign of Gregs scanner which may regain the name of drovers dog and no sign of PeterT^s Phantom. Perhaps we need jungle drums to get it to come out of the hills. Big thanks to Barry for providing the meat for the aptly named Bazza burgers. Another thankyou to Mark for donating surplus batteries to the club members. Its a nice time in the day to be out and about particularly after a day avoiding the heat. So watch this space next Wednesday for confirmation of another meeting with a gold coin donation sausage sizzle
Thanks to the cook... special effort .. potato scallops, onion, beetroot, tomato... sausages and steaketts,. No one went home hungry... ?
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Wednesday 6th February flying and sausage sizzle cancelled. I understand there's a management committee meeting today which will decide the level of our involvement in the polocross world cup. Any chance it can be posted asap as it will likely affect a few of us rank and filers.