Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results thus far
How are we going?

[Image: logo.png]
Is the best time still by a model powered by a REAL ENGINE?
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
(04-03-2018, 08:32 PM)Celwin Wrote: Is the best time still by a model powered by a REAL ENGINE?

Yep,Riley posted the fastest time so far.
(19-03-2018, 04:33 PM)gbar7217 Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 08:32 PM)Celwin Wrote: Is the best time still by a model powered by a REAL ENGINE?

Yep,Riley posted the fastest time so far.

However. Jason is the only person who has accrued any points by beating his benchmark time. As a result he has also had his time reduced as he consistently flew the course at a faster speed.
Just a reminder to all those who posted a benchmark time for the pylon racing. You all started with 100 points. Currently Jason is leading the competition with 120 points. He also had his time reduced as a result of consistently improved times over his original one. Second is Tallis with 110 points. Tallis is also going to have his time reduced. The rest of the field remains on 100. Cheers
At the end of Sunday 080418 pylon racing. The current points are Jason 160. Tallis 110. Peter T 110. Peter T scored the points with his wing wing and has been handicapped time for consistent improvement with that aircraft. He has also registered a benchmark time for his Cub. The rest remain on 100 points. Its never too late to start competing. A reminder that next Saturday/Sunday we are having our bootsale and funfly. Our illustrious President has requested we run the pylon racing for members and visitors. Any attempts by our registered pilots will add to their competition points. If Peter T continues to improve with the wing wing he will pose a serious threat to Riley for fastest flying time. When he gets the balance right its a rocket ship.
My new Wot4 with a lovely Saito 82 in the nose will be ready to maiden on Sunday! It's my replacement for the Dave-damaged ugly stick that was hit by the ground last time I entered the comp.
Because it's a new model, Dave will need binoculars to see it as it will be rounding the pylons at around 400 feet.... just in case the ground jumps up again... Do you have binoculars Dave or shall I bring some for you?
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Tongue 
(10-04-2018, 11:05 PM)Celwin Wrote: My new Wot4 with a lovely Saito 82 in the nose will be ready to maiden on Sunday! It's my replacement for the Dave-damaged ugly stick that was hit by the ground last time I entered the comp.
Because it's a new model, Dave will need binoculars to see it as it will be rounding the pylons at around 400 feet.... just in case the ground jumps up again... Do you have binoculars Dave or shall I bring some for you?

Hope it's quick Marcel ....in case you hadn't noticed  those Eclektics are really fast  ! Wink
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Mind your language there Kennyglide... saying things offensive will get you suspended from this forum...
(10-04-2018, 11:37 PM)KENNYGLIDE Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 11:05 PM)Celwin Wrote: My new Wot4 with a lovely Saito 82 in the nose will be ready to maiden on Sunday! It's my replacement for the Dave-damaged ugly stick that was hit by the ground last time I entered the comp.

Hope it's quick Marcel ....in case you hadn't noticed  those Eclektics are really fast  ! Wink

Should have also mentioned that PeterT's new benchmark time with his Cub was also pretty impressive. Got some gasps from onlookers a couple of times when he nearly wiped its face. I have bino's thanks. Looking forward to watching Marcel's attempt.