Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
General Announcements
(26-09-2018, 11:28 AM)Liam Walton Wrote: I have been refitting one of my quads with a new flight controller, GPS and HD camera and I was hoping to have it ready to fly at the field tomorrow. However, I can't legally fly it there without another club member present as a LOS observer (officially pilot-in-command). Is anyone already planning on turning up tomorrow afternoon and wouldn't mind being an observer? Sorry about short notice as I am a terrible planner and completely forgot that I can't fly FPV on my own Big Grin

Liam, there will be someone at the field from 9.30am for a couple of hours. You could call Jason Heard or Greg Barclay on the 
phone numbers, on the members list which would have been emailed to you.

BUNNINGS BBQ

8.30 am - 11.30 am  Peter T, Barry and Jo, Merry and Jason(later)

11.30am - 2.30pm  Brian and Dawn, Dennis and Jason
Thanks! I probably won’t have my quad finished by then so I’ll just bring my LOS planes today.
Coming ready or not.....
Brothers are coming up to complete the work on Percy St house this weekend.. i will have to be there.....so will have to make a brief stop at the airfield on the Sunday morning...to see Lindsay about the plane ...I have already spoken to him regarding interest in the plane by email so he will be expecting me ...if he arrives early could someone please give me a call on the mobile... Cheers Ken
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Thanks to everyone who came along and worked at the Bunnings BBQ.
It wasn't one of our best days but it sure beats selling raffle tickets.

Also, a Big Thank you to Barry and Jo for donating the Bells Butchery Sausages. Every 
bit helps!!
GENERAL MEETING & BBQ this Sunday, so hope to see you all there. Smile
Sorry will not be attending sunday meeting Dando
Sorry cannot come on Sunday. ...MIG 7 is still under construction ...should have been finished ... Life got in the way.....
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Meet Je'an Pierre the Famous WW1 fighter ace who ultimately went down in flames. He was the subject of a very bad taste joke once, that I wont repeat here. I propose to make him an award for any member who has an incident where in his/her or others opinions the pilot did not walk away. While I think its light hearted and no more offensive than the well used phrase the "Walk of Shame". I showed it to Greg and he was a bit concerned it might be seen as hurtful or sarcastic so the award will only be given at the request of the pilot concerned. The aircraft must be of balsa or EPP or EPO or hard plastic construction. Choreflute and depron are excluded. These recent constructions are designed to be taking more than your average risk. The incident must be recorded on our web page as a good yarn. Embellishment is good and don't let the truth get in the way of a good story but this is not about blame and shame. A photo would be nice but not compulsory. There are plenty to give out, and more than one can be awarded to any member for separate incidents. Remember they are beautifully handcrafted and unique so there are minor artistic differences from award to award. Finally just a reminder that our entries are subject to scrutiny so make them clean, funny but clean.

Good idea Dave, people have a different perspective of what is funny and what is skelotal , humm, but the concept is great. Photo's and a story (as dave said" dont let the truth get in the way of a good story).
Angel
"Embellishment"... What does that mean? I could never tell a story on this forum and use 'embellishment' within it! Just look at my member description! I don't crash planes. Sometimes the ground jumps up or the model falls out of the sky, but it's never my fault!

Great idea DaveW. Perhaps it might be wise to award it after a little cool-down period, if the model was valuable in any way.
Mind you, I can easily imagine Dave sauntering over to a seated and disappointed pilot, with his award dangling from his hand and a grin upon his face...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.