Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
General Announcements
Really! A Yak spraying?! That would be a rare thing. The first turbo-prop crop duster I ever saw working was out past St George spraying beside us (and up wind...) while we were picking cotton. They just sound wrong, but seemed to have better performance when pulling up and doing tight turns over a radial.
A guy (rich single guy who had his own plumbing business) from my former club had two Pilatus PC6 Porters. One had one of the first Saito petrol engines (which he gave up trying to tune... it was running lean, but all the oldies were convincing him it was rich...) which he was very disappointed with, so abandoned that and bought a bigger one and fitted one of the first Wren turbo-prop kero-start turbines to. He loved simply opening and closing the throttle stick twice and standing back waiting for it to start, spool up and stabilise. No tuning, no fussing and no mess. He was going to get me certified to fly it so he could use it to tow his 5 or 6 metre glider up, but I emigrated to Queensland before that happened. It would have needed re-fuelling every time it came down, as it used 3 litres every 6 minutes.
The Wren produced heaps of thrust, kind of like an eklectic motor. The bigger the prop, the more thrust it made, up until the large prop made too much static thrust at idle for it to land comfortably on a shortish strip. The propeller was driven by a fan, driven by the exiting exhaust gasses, negating the need for a complex reduction gearbox. The prop could be held still during the start-up process and subsequent idle.

Really cool to watch.

BUY ONE PETER T!!! (with your hidden harvested money-tree)
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Ha! Ha! Marcel. I was actually meaning about the turbo prop that comes spraying here. Its a T/P Fletcher. I had a good look over it, but It doesnt have 1/4 the room a toilet has. Very small 4 the pilot. Was on the web and saw that one in R/C. never knew they existed b4. Reckon it would b pretty expensive.

Ps Marcel. Where did u hide this money tree. I could use some 2 get a car, and more planes!!
II just presumed you had just harvested your money tree, as you said that you might get one of those next. My money tree was accidentally sprayed with with glyphosate many years ago. It's unlikely to recover at all while I still have 4 kids living at home.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Ha! Ha! I never had a money tree 2 start with. Yep, Id like a turbo prop, but it aint likely 2 happen. So looks like ur money tree will b dead 4 another 20yrs then. Lol!! Best of luck.
DON'T FORGET THE NEW YEARS EVE PARTY 
AT THE NEW CLUBHOUSE TOMORROW NIGHT.

OFFICIAL STARTING TIME IS 6.00pm
Bring you own drinks and a plate or two of nibbles.
Have your dinner before coming.
Thanks everyone for your company on New Years Eve for a nice end to the year. Special Thanks to Merry and Dawn who's definition of nibbles is more generous than mine. There was considerable comment about how pleasant the surroundings were at that time of evening. It certainly was. With that in mind and with the longer days. I am proposing to re start the Formal Wednesday Flyers. Officially say from 4:00pm to Dusk. Obviously you could arrive earlier and leave later if you want. It will also include dinner (read sausage sizzle). Please give me an idea of those who want to start a Wednesday group again. If there is enough interest I suggest we re start on Wednesday 9th January 2019. If enough want to do it. I will ask JR to create a Wednesday Flyers Discussion page for announcements in relation to it. Free rope and knee pads can be supplied by arrangement on the day to pull or push your planes around if you choose not to fly. Anyway let us know. Cheers.
(01-01-2019, 07:41 AM)DaveW Wrote: Thanks everyone for your company on New Years Eve for a nice end to the year. Special Thanks to Merry and Dawn who's definition of nibbles is more generous than mine. There was considerable comment about how pleasant the surroundings were at that time of evening. It certainly was. With that in mind and with the longer days. I am proposing to re start the Formal Wednesday Flyers. Officially say from 4:00pm to Dusk. Obviously you could arrive earlier and leave later if you want. It will also include dinner (read sausage sizzle). Please give me an idea of those who want to start a Wednesday group again. If there is enough interest I suggest we re start on Wednesday 9th January 2019. If enough want to do it. I will ask JR to create a Wednesday Flyers Discussion page for announcements in relation to it. Free rope and knee pads can be supplied by arrangement on the day to pull or push your planes around if you choose not to fly. Anyway let us know. Cheers.

Yer I would be keen on this Dave
Good thinking Dave.....Resuming Wednesday afternoon flying. ......my favourite time ...sun behind and easy to see the planes....and the new shelters will make it a lot cooler to prepare our planes ect. It really is a very pleasant place to be as the sun sets during our long hot summer......A big thank you to Merry n Dawn for the pizzas and preparation. ..the games really topped the evening off ...a great end to 2018. Also to the incredible efforts of Greg , George , John, Jason and all of the people who have turned a vision into reality , that being our fantastic new clubhouse . Thanks..
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Free rope and knee pads sounds cheaper than av gas ⛽️
Found the f/book page. looks great, but I couldnt comment on it. How does it work?