Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
General Announcements
Hey Peter T, just register on the site, Jason veto's anyone of bad character or scams, so it takes a day or so. Once registered you can comment, easy peasy.
Good end to 2018 at the new club house last night, no one went home hungry. Thanks to Merry & Dawn for the food.
Wednesday afternoon flying sounds good Dave, spectators can sit on the verandah in the shade while strapping on their new pads and try out new rope knots.
Angel
Hi, I hit the join button, but nothing happened. Thanks Merry and Dawn, good nibblies and company. Got home about 10.30, no traffic, just possums, roos, and Native rats. Good Idea Dave, Weather permitting, I will come too.
I/We/the committee etc, are trying to gauge if there is any interest in having a Scanner competition in June. 1st prize to be $100. To be run as Scanner racing rules, best over 3 runs (or whatever ) on the day. Would give members time to get one, practice etc. So, if the club did this, is there any interest? (Details to be worked out later)
I'd be keen! I'm looking for something to buy to fit my 46AX into, although it was destined to go into my Mig... Not to worry, I have plenty of 40's in the cabinet.
Only trouble is, I would need most of the planets in our solar system to align on the day the race is scheduled...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
There could be a possibility to have Mig Racing if we get enough built...much cheaper if we crash ....and probably more exciting cause we will be able to race harder ...just need a supply of corflute to fix them ...the templates will be ready cut and available...a stanley knife and contact glue or glue gun and back in the air again with minimal cost.
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Marcel, do u have a OS 46 AX spare? or does anyone else? Im after 1. Greg was/is going to get in touch with some Scanner racing dudes, c if they r interested in cming u and giving a demo one time? would give everyone an idea what goes on, and show us how the course etc is done. Ok then, get urself a scanner. From what I have found, they need a 46 AX in then, and no more than 10% nitro fuel, standard frame and covering, no mods at all allowed.
Mig racing would be cheaper, but very difficult to keep power plants the same in order to keep it fair. We could have everyone use the same prop and then with a tacho, set a throttle end point with the transmitter I suppose. That should keep the rpms the same.
Peter T, I could never bare to part with one of my babies!

I saw on the club's Facebook site that we're selling the clubs transmitters. How come?
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
(03-01-2019, 08:55 AM)Celwin Wrote: Mig racing would be cheaper, but very difficult to keep power plants the same in order to keep it fair. We could have everyone use the same prop and then with a tacho, set a throttle end point with the transmitter I suppose. That should keep the rpms  the same.
Peter T, I could never bare to part with one of my babies!

I saw on the club's Facebook site that we're selling the clubs transmitters. How come?

We have a Spektrum DX7 & a DX6i donated to the club recently, the DX7 doesn't have a battery or charger and the DX6i has a faulty throttle trim switch. Both have been range checked and passed. I also have 2 DX7 for sale, no battery in one but charger and battery in the other. Selling due to purchasing another DX9.
Angel
Marcel, y couldnt we do mig racing as well? What babies? Yeah, that DX 7 Gbar has, would do Patch very well, and price is ok 2. Well if u X my palms, u could replace the faulty trim switch with a good one, I have a few spares 4 a DX 6.

Oh, you mean a glow engine, (should have guessed)!! An idea where I can get one?
Ahh. That's right. Gbar did tell me someone had donated some radios.

I would do both, just I was planning to use the 46AX in my Mig. I have 2 MVVS 46s, plus various ASPs, so powering the Mig won't be a problem... I have many 'babies' to choose from.