Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
General Announcements
Thanks Merry , see you then.
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Anyone going to LARCS for the HobbyKing show? They might even have some eklectic foamie thingies there....

https://hobbyking.us12.list-manage.com/t...fe0a9313a5
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Anyone taking a proper glider tomorrow? My Wot4 towplane is wanting to be tested...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Are bronze, silver and gold wings just an award? As in, you can tell people you're officially a good pilot? Or are they an actual licence to let you do more?
Bragging rights basically...

Bronze and Silver are of the same standard/same test. The only difference is that bronze can be obtained with a small and light parkflyer. Silver is just a heavier model. Everyone who had Bronze in the past, was upgraded to Silver automatically a few years ago when Silver was introduced.
Gold is much harder to obtain by comparison. My former club had their own Silver prior to this, which required maiden-capability (taking off out-of-trim) and basic aerobatics (didn't need to be centered or superimposed). If you want to fly at a public display, Gold is required. It is also recommended when stepping into models that require heavy model permits or have a turbine installed.

The qualification is printed on your MAAA card the year after you obtain your wings.

My former club wouldn't give you a key to the gate until you obtained your Bronze, which was their way of reducing insurance claims (which actually worked).

Forms with instructions can be found on our website, under 'About Us', 'Documentation', then look under General Resources. You'd ace the Bronze/Silver I'm thinking...
yeah, I haven't been flying enough to do the gold unfortunately. Next holiday break, I'll train a bit and go for bronze. Probably even multirotor wings as well
I have seen you fly Liam,you definitely have the ability .... just read what is required as suggested by Celwin ...you will easily get those "WINGS"
Smile
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
I think the only thing i'll have difficulty with is remembering what all the different types of turns are. I can do them all, I just don't remember what they're called lol
The person testing you won't be that strict regarding the terminology, especially for Bronze and Silver. They will talk you through it as you're not expected to do one after the other in quick succession without any reminders or coaching. It isn't a competition.
OK, that sounds easier than I expected