Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
General Announcements
(08-05-2018, 04:26 PM)Liam Walton Wrote: OK, that sounds easier than I expected

Hi Liam, Bronze, plane is under 2kg. Silver, plane is above 2kg. As of the moment, there seems 2 be no set size, shape weight 4 doing Gold wings. Can b done in electric or nitro, or petrol (watch out Marcel, wildcat may get hers in a bixler!!!) People have done it in a Bixler. Was talking 2 Dennis Greenfield (I think it is) anyway , he is MAAQ CFI, he said anyone can go 4 Gold, but u will have 2 work 4 it. I believe him and another Instructor r mayb coming 2 WAM end June or early July, and they will show anyone interested, what 2 do, will coach u, etc. will b well worth going.
Two dead servos disappointed me today. One in my 30cc Edge 540, the other in my Wot4 Glider tug.
That's the trouble with eklectic powered things... always letting you down. Now if I could just invent a piston-engined servo, I would be a millionaire due to its superior power and reliability!

Liam and Kennyglide won't reply to this, as there's no way to argue with that wisdom...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
But how do you activate the petrol servo? With an electric servo? What about radio control? I think the only way to be fully rid of electric parts is to fly control line
Ahhm.... I'd use a smaller piston-powered device to activate the piston-powered device...
OK. So the design has not had all of the wrinkles ironed out just yet, but I'll be listing shares on the stock market shortly.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Ha Ha, finally a "REAL" admission .....can't do without Real Eklectic Stuff.....seriously a piston activating a piston.. ?.
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
                Well it took a while but I finally got this ASK21 down off the mantle-piece and dusted her down. Needs a few minor repairs: Its a Fly-Fly ASK21 , wingspan 2.6mtr, weighs 1.6kg, runs on a 2200mah 4s battery.
Angel
Take the eklectic motor out, then we'll talk...

Looks cool Gbar. Is it going to thermal at that weight? The 2200 will keep it up for quite a while, but from what I know of gliders, that seems heavy.

Just checked the span and weight of my Multiplex Cularis glider (still in the box). Same span, similar weight so if the wing offers a similar efficiency, it will catch thermals.
Not there will be many for a while...
(23-05-2018, 07:43 PM)Celwin Wrote: Take the eklectic motor out, then we'll talk...

Looks cool Gbar. Is it going to thermal at that weight? The 2200 will keep it up for quite a while, but from what I know of gliders, that seems heavy.

Just checked the span and weight of my Multiplex Cularis glider (still in the box). Same span, similar weight so if the wing offers a similar efficiency, it will catch thermals.
Not there will be many for a while...
Fibre-glass fuselage, balsa covered wings with foam core, should glide if the conditions are right, its a bit heavy though, should punch thru the wind.
Angel
Just wondering what the charge rate is for my new 1100mah LIFE RECEIVER BATTERY is.? I suspect 1C ie: 1.1 amp. Would a slow charge be better maybe .5amp?
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
1amp or .5amp should be alright, like nicad batteries the slower the better.
Angel