Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design
A small generator (like Dennis' Honda) would be more than enough for running an inverted jigsaw (550 watts) and half a dozen big glue guns (40 watts each). Our inverter and deep cycle battery would also have no problems driving all of these for quite some time. The solar system is certainly good enough to power this project, especially since it has been relocated into the clubhouse (thanks guys).
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
The reason I considered cutting the parts at home is that they are labour intensive and take a long time to do....we would need at least a couple of jigsaw benches although some people may be content to do some cutting with Stanley knives etc. ..... Just looked on Bunnings site under "sign boards" or "corflute" and they appear to have a better selection of sizes than previously....that's good news.....may have resort to the black 2.5mm corflute because the white one is hard to find.On the Bunnings site they have black 2.5mm tunnel core and 2.5mm project panel ...both corflute ...dunno what the difference is....??...... if someone can check the plans to find out how much of each thickness is required per plane ....I do not have a plan here at the moment.so cannot do it...........also saw it written somewhere how many wings etc can be cut from a single sheet... any extra info will be a good help towards getting this project off the ground....
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Hi Kennyglide. Then if u have found some sheets somewhere, can u pass on the sheet size please and I will measure some up. Started Y/day, then I realized they were different thicknesses. A sheet 24" by 36" will cut 2 wings with the flutes running the 36" way. And some left over.
Yeah I will get back to you on that one Peter.
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
(08-06-2019, 05:33 PM)Peter T Wrote: Hi Kennyglide. Then if u have found some sheets somewhere, can u pass on the sheet size please and I will measure some up. Started Y/day, then I realized they were different thicknesses. A sheet 24" by 36" will cut 2 wings with the flutes running the 36" way. And some left over.

If you use the small sheets for the wings, the flutes are going the wrong way. I think Kennyglide made his first wing with them going that way, but found they wouldn't bend right. Big sheets will need to be purchased, but when cut in half, the flutes are going the right way. They don't sell the 2.5mm black sheets here in Warwick though... They could order them, but might get damaged on the way.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Purchased 1 2.5mmX 2400 X 1200 black corflute, 1 1200 X 900 X 5mm white, 1 3mm X 900x 900 white corflute from Bunnings in Warwick. Cheap as chips??
Angel
Where did you find the black stuff?
(10-06-2019, 08:55 AM)Celwin Wrote: Where did you find the black stuff?

Bunnings
Angel
Blimey Gbar, thats pretty good. Do u have the plans? Maybe we should get some and start a build? I could do with some myself. The size I had was thicker.
Hey, Kennyglide, what size motor and esc and servos did you use in your Mig 7??
Angel