Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design
I just bought a JBA 46 from RC Trader for $50 delivered. Nearly got divorced though...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
(08-05-2020, 08:40 AM)Celwin Wrote: I just bought a JBA 46 from RC Trader for $50 delivered. Nearly got divorced though...
SOoooo!! what are you going to place this power plant into??? Divorce's come and go, I have friends that have been married 3 or 4 times, it's the quality of each divorce that counts. If you have enough money left over for new 
planes, your'll a survivor.
Angel
I will second that. Still got some planes left.

Am interested in the spad ur doing, If I can find the plans and bits, u guys do a forum on how to, I would have a go as well.
Planning to use it for Kennyglide's latest spad. Didn't want to use my back-up brand new OS 46AXII for Scanner Racing... an engine that Catherine isn't aware I have... shhh!

I'm wondering if we could do a YouTube video of Ken building sections of it. We could make him famous and rich!
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Peter ... good to hear from you...I'll send you the plans by email....have you got the same email address? Mine will be a little different to the Dagger plan...we havent any gutter pipe in Oz...so making the fuse out of 3mm corflute.... will send you some pics.Cheers Ken
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
How's Kennyglide's latest SPAD going? He might almost be fitting it out now.
G'day,

I'm planning to build a Corrowot for a Torpedo .45, but out of 3mm corflute, as mine's an old engine and does not generate a hell of a lot of power. Any tips?
Hi Hayden, welcome aboard. Ken didn't end up building the Corrowot, as the fuselage design and build was a bit too complicated for what he and others wanted, as a simple club build. He ended up building a Dagger. Same size but not such an investment in time. He flew it for the first time last Wednesday and it flew really well.
The Corrowot would certainly look great though. Have you built anything out of corflute or balsa before? Your Torpedo will be a collectors item now, as they were around in the 60's.
Hi Hayden, I used 3 mil corflute for the fuselage and wings and 5 mil corflute for the tail and ailerons... I used the Dagger plans but as American gutter pipe is not available in Australia I made the fuselage out of corflute to basically mimic the gutter pipe.... I also made the wing a total of 1200 millimetres which is the width of the corflute... So the wing is a single piece... Hope this helps... Please feel free to contact me if you need any bits.
...Ken
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
I believe it was from around 1958-ish Marcel. Runs like a dream tho. I've been building RC planes for a few years now (Out of balsa and foam), but this is my first SPAD. Thanks Ken, I think I'll be using the same sizes as you. What sort of gluing technique are you using? I've heard that heating the plastic, waiting for it to cool, then using dots of CA works well.