Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design
Yeah Vince let's see it fly .... could be the encouragement we need ... I am about to resurrect my SPADULATOR again , I have robbed a few parts off it .... maybe take the EVO 45 out and replace it with the OS55AX....
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Good idea. Bring some pics, and or plans and c what people want 2 build. Then tell us what we need 2 build it and go from there. Or how about 1 that's been crashed, and show us how 2 repair it. Like using balsa, fibreglass etc?
I'm working on a slightly more advanced depron plane that is easy to draw up by hand. Details and pictures are earlier in the forum
We need to settle on the type of plane to build .... Jason mentioned a pusher like the Bixler as it protects the motor ect in the event of a nose in ...not a bad idea as that would be the most expensive part of a SPAD.....the one Vince has built is a pusher from memory...so maybe good to have a look at it ...having one already built is a really great start if we like look of it ... I will get in touch with him for more detail. ?
How do you go putting a proper propulsion unit on if it's like a bixler? I'm in if I can fit a real engine...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
A twin boom like I’m working on now would work fine with IC engines if you make a decent firewall
So when are people going to organise a day or night constructing these new depron planes!! nights are starting to warm up??
Angel
Nights sound good ...or whenever suits those interested to get together... Ok ...need some people to get on the forum and put their ideas out there :ie model type ect...I feel a simple delta wing would be a good start...this forum is where we can initiate a plan of attack.?
I like the one Liam has been working on. https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.flitetes...711294.jpg
Don't know how I'd flick-start a real engine on a twin boomed pusher though...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Ah! come on Marcel. U cant have everything. I like the pic u just put up Marcel. Maybe we should make 1 each and go pylon racing?? I have a 049 Cox that may fit. Liam, how big can we make it? 3-4 ft?