Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design
Naaaa... reading instructions is for girls... I'm sure it will be fine if when you think you've finished, there are pieces left over. Maybe you'll manage to build a super quick and super light one! Those gastly and heavy wing joiners and spars really can't be all that important...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Yeah! I reckon Marcel. thats y I havent read the instructions! Am busily cutting out coreflue.
Marcel ....when you say polyurethane , exactly which brand is it? , and does it come in a tube or something,,....I may want to get some if it's a good product......and Pete bring those bits on Sunday , I should be able to show you where they go.......and Marcel if convenient
could you bring some of the bits and pieces you have constructed for the .46 MIG please ?
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
No worries Ken. I have them all drawn out on the corflue, am just cutting now. The few bits I have missed, I will do when I find some ply etc.
That's good,be able to check out size ect.
Not sure if this has been raised before. I think Kennyglide mentioned something about power pod motors that can be moved from plane to plane. But for all you foamers josh bixler from flite test has done a full building tutorial for a Simple Scout imitation WW1 low wing fighter. 3 or 4 channel. Built with paper backed foam board available from Office Works for $10.00 for an A1 sheet. Which measures 594 x 841mm or 23.4 in x 33.1 in for you die hard imperialists. God save the Queen. He builds from one of their kits but the plans are dowloadable from their site. Takes 1300 battery. I think it would be a simple balsa build as well and a little scale up could see a small glow engine or 2200 battery.
Finished making 130% templates for the Mig today. Started making them months ago, but other projects got in the way. I noticed that the MDF was warping while being carelessly stacked in my shed, so I decided to finish it all off so that they could all be stored flat. Now to find time to glue the bits together that I've already cut out to make the test plane!

Scanner is ready to maiden. It was ready on Sunday, but I couldn't make it out. Did a range test and high-speed taxis down the road and a few sustained monos.
I don't know what you guys were on about regarding the snappy aileron response. Mine is extremely sluggish. Wouldn't barrel roll no matter how hard I tried! All the turns were perfectly flat, aileron input or not so needed full rudder to make it turn! It does do doughnuts really well though...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
130 percent templates sound good Marcel...?
I agree Marcel, I was told drop my Ailerons down below 50%, I did and it would hardly roll. Last flight b4 I hit the flight box was on 80% and it handled pretty well. Flew great and landed good. Had a fair turn of speed too. Just slowed down quickly coz the flight box was moved. Hey Kenny glide, when r we doing the next part of the build?
(19-03-2019, 07:16 AM)Peter T Wrote: I agree Marcel, I was told drop my Ailerons down below 50%, I did and it would hardly roll. Last flight b4 I hit the flight box was on 80% and it handled pretty well. Flew great and landed good. Had a fair turn of speed too. Just slowed down quickly coz the flight box was moved. Hey Kenny glide, when r we doing the next part of the build?

When you stand outside the flight box peter T, your perspective changes. You landed your plane behind you, not realising that the place you were intended to be standing was occupied by a protective barrier. Costly exercise!!! LOL. My first scanner has the ailerons at 15'%,very twitchy, maiden my second scanner yesterday had ailerons at 25% handled like a bag of spuds, upped the switch to 50% still sluggish. Was about to come in to land was about 30 feet off the end of strip, plane suddenly nose dived into ground, no response from ailerons. Completely smashed front off plane back to the cockpit, tore the wing in half. Started the rebuild last night. Should have it completed by Wednesday afternoon fly day and ready for this Sunday competition at the Gold coast.
Angel