Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Models
So... Dennis... we've shown you ours, so let's see yours...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Hi All,
Ray Moore has been busy in his shed over the last month building his"SPITFIRE" with a OS GT33 petrol motor, as his powerplant. Can't wait to see this plane in the air above the WAM airfield. Electric retracts, top of the line servos. Next stage is the mounting of the motor and fuel tank.

Angel
That's really cool Ray. Favourite aircraft of mine and has been ever since I saw my first picture of one. I was highly ecstatic when I first saw a genuine one fly at an airshow as a teen. It was flown very sedately and only flew procedure turns for the crowd. Far different to the Mustangs from memory... Probably because they were worth more than a quarter of a million way back then. Mustangs were a dime a dozen.

Is this one going to fly 3D Ray? or fly like a real one... The OS should sound pretty good. They don't scream, so should be good. Single four strokes don't sound busy (revving hard) enough, so don't sound right. Radials (not that you'd put one in a Spit) sound right at idle, but are too busy in the air so again, don't sound right.
Can't win can we...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Hi All,
Barry Robin has been busy get his Pilatus PC6 up and running. The Saito FA82 sounds really sweet once it was tuned, good power-plant for this style of aircraft.

Angel
Ray testing the motor for the first time. Won't be long before this Curtiss will be in the air!!

Angel
That's not a Curtis! It's a Tigermoth! It has two wings and it's yellow. It has to be a Tigermoth!
Like ur plane Barry, real nice.