Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events
Who is up to having a pylon race/event in the near future???
Need a show of hands to make it worthwhile.
Angel
I'm up for it. Can I borrow one of your planes? I wrote one off last time, so don't want to lose one of mine again. Lol...

Pencil it in. I'm keen. There should be lift hanging around soon, so will the bladder cup be put back on the calendar too?
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
I believe that a bladder cup is on the cards, soon.
Angel
I’m keen
Looking forward to seeing Reilly's entry. Anyone keen for aero-towing to victory?
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Are there enough pilots with FPV equipment to setup a small FPV race? It would be fun to try that at some point
A few of us were talking just before we went home today about Brian's endurance event planned for the Christmas party day. I, for one, would feel bad for all the losers (not FPV talk) that would choose to use eklectic power for their models, as models with REAL ENGINES (petrol fueled ones in particular) would whoop the whoosie flattery-powered ones, which may then ruin the Christmas spirit...

In order to please those that choose to use inferior powering devices for their models, we discussed the possibility of only allowing flattery-powered models and to keep the stakes even, limiting the fuel tank to one 2200mah flattery. It would be too complicated to handicap the superior internal combustion models in order to keep the peace.

What do we think?
It’s entirely possible to have an electric model fly longer than an internal combustion model. The only aircraft capable of indefinite flight times is solar-electric powered. I don’t see any petrol planes that can fly that long. It is much harder to get an electric plane flying for 2 hours with hobby-grade components but this is meant to be a challenge isn’t it?
As Marcel stated some of the club members discussed this slight dilemma yesterday afternoon Celwin told us the club Boomerang will easily fly for an hour on fuel.,and it has not even been set up especially for these events....it will be a very difficult for any electric glider or other configuration to even come close unless we are lucky enough to get a perfect day with thermals ect.... I go along with the suggestion we have a separate event for electric planes /gliders powered by 2200mah 3 cell batteries only ...it is a common battery ...most of us have one..and it will serve to put us on an even footing as far as the power available to each competitor. It is then up to us to set up a plane and fly it well to take the prize...this is what I see as the challenge. I feel there will be little incentive to fly electric in this event if we know before the fact that we are not going to be able to compete with these Slimey Nitros.
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
I guess that’s fair enough if you don’t want it to be a competition of who has the biggest wallet. I bet I could get a 1-2 hour flight time with a 3S2P 6000mAh Li-Ion battery on the plane I’m currently building for low cost though. Id probably get bored and start doing flips pretty quickly so I wouldn’t have a chance Wink Fast flying is more my style