Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scanner Racing
I agree.. We get all enthused, then dont follow through. Have about 4 - 5 projects that didnt go to completion. Pity
Just browsing ...I understand the Scanner racing has been going on for some time but I cannot find a single video of it ..can someone please post one if they find it please.
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
I've been browsing for pylon racing lately. It seems that they all start off on the ground as a staggered start. I presume that we start in the air after a count down to try to take the risk out of launching a low-powered model at full throttle. Scanners do need a fair take-off run to get airborne... We might have to practice that as well tomorrow.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Well we are down to 3 racers now as Dennis was fine tuning his scanner today, had a major mishap, he hasn't anymore to race. Peter T is down to 1 intact scanner, I have 1 intact scanner & 1 in a box, Marcel has 1 intact scanner also. May the best man turn up on Sunday!!!
Angel
Oh no...! It's become a race of pre-attrition!

This is Large Scale racing held in Canberra last year. Same sort of starting format as ours, but has 3 pylons to navigate. That, and models that are a tad more expensive...

[Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
WARNING: the video has a sleeper inbeded in it. Keeps trying to open up on my screen saver every time I turn on my phone.
Angel
Drats... I was hoping you didn't notice. I was going to monitor your credit card password so that I could order myself a few spare Scanners, seeing as they're now considered 'consumables' in our club.

Seriously though, all I did was find a youtube clip and link it to my last post. Is the sleeper in the youtube clip or in the way I linked it?
Hi Marcel, must be in the YouTube clip, after watching clip & turning off & returning home screen, there it was. I changed my home screen to another and then turned phone completely off and rebooted. Then changed my home screen back to original and rebooted again. So far no sign but I'll monitor any abnormal behaviour in my bank account.
Angel
Ha... too late...
We need as many members as we can get for early sunday morning set up!! I will be planning to get there around 7ish. Any takers??
Angel