Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Aeronautics
It should do, but we cant be certain until our MAAQ president gets a direct answer. We may still be limited to 2 people at the field at a time though, which is currently the case. I have no idea how the golf course is allowed to be covered in players though...
George sent me an sms the other day stating that recently 5 people doing maintenance at a church were fined $1500 each, even though they were maintaining social distancing.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Ken....A little experimentation could pay dividends by bonding a second layer on the inside of the bottom skin. Either by running coreflute parallel or at 90 degrees to its mate like plywood construction. By stiffening the bottom sheet, it would give the desired result.

Brian C.
Thanks Brian just wondering would a symmetrical wing or an asymmetrical wing be better.??.. when I get some measurements of the Wot 4 from Marcel I will have a better idea of where I'm going.
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
    Just finished tracing Catherine's Wot 4 (still in it's box) onto A3 sticky-taped together when necessary.
I'll try to get them to you tomorrow or Thursday afternoon Kennyglide. It may be tricky to fold the fuselage, but I've traced it like you'd trace then cut it from corflute. The top and two sides from one piece, but the bottom is separate. I think that's how they do them.

The wing is perfectly symmetrical with a width of 1320, chord of 275 and thickness of the wing being 50mm, 75mm from the leading edge. The C of G is supposed to be 82mm back from the LE. I can't remember what mine is with a Saito 82 in the nose.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Thanks Marcel....call me in case I'm having my evening ride around the river....no hurry .
Ken....Symmetrical rib profiles are for stunt flying and thin flat bottomed profiles are for speed flying.
So a compromise between the two is where you`r at. Write down your requirements, to keep you on track. Using those spec`s research on your PC a profile to suit. Next, consider if the wing can be built with the type of material you intend to use. Wing Design / construction methods have been discussed previously.
Fuselage dimensions , essentially have been discussed too. Nose moment and tail moment are a product of the onboard equipment and their placement. As an illustration ...1 ounce heavy at the nose means 4 ounces added at the tail... approx. Short tail moments mean a quicker response from the control surfaces and vise versa.

Brian C.
Brian is that correct one ounce at the nose equals 4 ounces on the tail...?
(29-04-2020, 04:34 PM)KENNYGLIDE Wrote: Brian is that correct one ounce at the nose equals 4 ounces on the tail...?

Me thinks the other way round, more on the nose less on the tail, nose heavy a few grams on the tail.
Angel
Correct !!....Just testing to see if anyone is reading this thread....Good one.
Onya Brian... hahaha ?