Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
General Announcements
Dream on guys. Well I thought If we had a prize, it may encourage our mode 2 flyers 2 try harder to catch up to us mode 1 flyers, and give a bit of incentive to practice. Would be lot less work for me If no prize money, but like u said, the members need some incentive! As for Marcel above, he is mode 1, so own up to stuffing up! Lol!
Never admit fault... I read that on my insurance policy...

At club level, on one of our own competition days, if we have one, will we supply our own fuel or will we pay an entry fee and have the club provide it? The Scannermania Coordinator would have to use the existing rules and regulations which I presume copy the FAI pylon rules. Is that right? I'm sure that for our inter-club competition intenderers, they would like to know that the course they are running around is the same as those at other clubs. The Scannermania Coordinator would have to come up with a way of making sure pilots weren't cutting the course without lights or flags. That would be the tough bit I imagine.

If the Scannermania Coordinator went to PeterT, how are we going to be able to have a legitimate dig at that other guy that once ran our pylon racing (I can't remember his name either Gbar, as people who are not important to me or this world are quickly forgotten...).

It will be interesting to see how our enlarged Mig's compare to the Scanner. I can't imagine that the Mig will be lighter or turn more accurately. I just need to find a way of inserting an extra day in the week so that I can find the time to finish it.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
The position of Scannernator must go to someone who has the passion to promote Scannermania from within as a contestent I am prepared to offer a Teaspoon to the person who takes up the challenge to help them harden up. As far as being remembered. I had my moment in the sun much like the phoenix i recall. Im looking forward to watching from the sidelines cheering on the contestants.
Thats ok Dave. From my wondering if any one is/was interested,( I havent heard from anyone yet), although the G/Coast clubs, (and those down that way) are certainly interested. Sounds like if the club wants to do this, its certainly a go er. Just need a few members (not mode 2's) to give it a go. I think there are 3-4 Scanners available from the order Dennis is getting. Get one quick if you are interested, as the next lot coming to Aus, will be about $35 more in price. I dont need a spoon Dave, (I use a knife and fork), Commiserations to Marcel, nothing happened till Saturday. But if this does work, the club could do a Gold Cup Scanner race each October. We could have 10-15 flyers if we did? Something to think about, plus we have a canteen available, a terrific field. Who knows where it could go!!

Oh! from the sidelines?? Isnt a good idea Dave, you may have a scanner in your lap. (if Im flying) Ha! Ha! Can just imagine you running behind the shed.
(22-01-2019, 04:06 PM)Peter T Wrote: Thats ok Dave. From my wondering if any one is/was interested,( I havent heard from anyone yet), although the G/Coast clubs, (and those down that way) are certainly interested. Sounds like if the club wants to do this, its certainly a go er. Just need a few members (not mode 2's) to give it a go. I think there are 3-4 Scanners available from the order Dennis is getting. Get one quick if you are interested, as the next lot coming to Aus, will be about $35 more in price. I dont need a spoon Dave, (I use a knife and fork), Commiserations to Marcel, nothing happened till Saturday. But if this does work, the club could do a Gold Cup Scanner race each October. We could have 10-15 flyers if we did? Something to think about, plus we have a canteen available, a terrific field. Who knows where it could go!!

Oh! from the sidelines?? Isnt a good idea Dave, you may have a scanner in your lap. (if Im flying) Ha! Ha! Can just imagine you running behind the shed.
It's all in good fun guys, according to the rules someone in the know said that no scanner can fly below the 6 mtr pole and minimum 8 circuit per race. 2 per race. Practice makes perfect!! Practice first!!
Angel
Bunnings BBQ

8.30am - 12.30pm  John Lamb, Barry & Jo, Jason

12.30pm - 4.30pm  Nick, Janet, Reilly, Joanna.

Thank you to these members who have volunteered their time
Well what a good night, good company and a great feed. I think most of us had the buffet, as much as you wanted, and a few did just that. Ate a lot. Yummie!
Does anyone have a couple of 11.1 3s 2200 35-45 discharge batteries they are no longer using. Currently new they are between $18:00-24:00 depending on supplier. Deans or XT60 connector only.
Who has 11.1 3s 2200 35-45 discharges? Sounds like whoever has that needs a serious dose of antibiotics which I'm sure will cost more than his quoted $18 to $24 per script... I'm glad that I am not afflicted by such hideous diseases such as what you have and want Dave.

Best to keep upwind of Dave for a while boys. It would be horrible if his discharges are contagious.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
The club would like to give a big thank you to Barry, Jo, Dawn, Jason, Janet, Nick, Reilly and Joanna for
giving up their time on Australia Day at the Bunnings BBQ. It wasn't one of our best ones but at the 
moment we need every cent we can raise.
Thanks  Smile Smile