Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
General Announcements
Marcel. You will have to remove your saying, " A Member who has never crashed a plane.." Who forgot to plug in the Ailerons? See if you can find another better one? Ha!
(27-01-2019, 09:28 PM)Merryb Wrote: The club would like to give a big thank you to Barry, Jo, Dawn, Jason, Janet, Nick, Reilly and Joanna for
giving up their time on Australia Day at the Bunnings BBQ. It wasn't one of our best ones but at the 
moment we need every cent we can raise.
Thanks  Smile Smile

Thanks guys. Very much appreciated by those of us who cannot ever help out on the Saturday fundraising activities.

(28-01-2019, 09:05 AM)Peter T Wrote: Marcel. You will have to remove your saying, " A Member who has never crashed a plane.." Who forgot to plug in the Ailerons? See if you can find another better one? Ha!

I stand by my saying because I don't crash planes.
That plane crashed because of the oversight of the pre-flight inspector and assembler. Not me, the pilot. 

Did I mention that I'm occasionally bi-polar?

The model that crashed prior to that one was because of Dave and his pylon racing. 

Denial is a wonderful thing, as it makes us all perfect in our own eyes...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
(28-01-2019, 09:31 AM)Celwin Wrote:
(27-01-2019, 09:28 PM)Merryb Wrote: The club would like to give a big thank you to Barry, Jo, Dawn, Jason, Janet, Nick, Reilly and Joanna for
giving up their time on Australia Day at the Bunnings BBQ. It wasn't one of our best ones but at the 
moment we need every cent we can raise.
Thanks  Smile Smile

Thanks guys. Very much appreciated by those of us who cannot ever help out on the Saturday fundraising activities.

(28-01-2019, 09:05 AM)Peter T Wrote: Marcel. You will have to remove your saying, " A Member who has never crashed a plane.." Who forgot to plug in the Ailerons? See if you can find another better one? Ha!

I stand by my saying because I don't crash planes.
That plane crashed because of the oversight of the pre-flight inspector and assembler. Not me, the pilot. 

Did I mention that I'm occasionally bi-polar?

The model that crashed prior to that one was because of Dave and his pylon racing. 

Denial is a wonderful thing, as it makes us all perfect in our own eyes...

I am with you on this one Marcel, i don't crash plane's either, some don't make it off the ground for some unknown reason, some fall out the sky for some unknown reason, some don't survive landing for some unknown reason, me just another innocent bystander standing in the flight box holding a funny looking box with sticks. All in good fun!!!
Angel
Hi Guys, Neville here.
New video link about CASA survey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJZD0k_NIlw

New Xjet video about proposed changes to RC aircraft in Australia. CASA survey at following link:

https://consultation.casa.gov.au/regulat.../pp1816us/

Survey closes 22 Feb 2019.

Regards,   Neville.
Damn it. The magic has been lost now the mystery of your identity has been solved
So Nunya is Neville, so who is numnuts??
Angel
(28-01-2019, 03:30 PM)Nunya Wrote: Hi Guys, Neville here.
New video link about CASA survey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJZD0k_NIlw

New Xjet video about proposed changes to RC aircraft in Australia. CASA survey at following link:

https://consultation.casa.gov.au/regulat.../pp1816us/

Survey closes 22 Feb 2019.

Regards,   Neville.

Kelvin warned us/told us this was coming years ago. I guess we were just hoping it wouldn't happen. 
$20 x 10000 plus MAAA members equals $200,000+. That's a nice increase to CASA's bank account each year! I can't imagine that they're doing it because they're nice and it helps us know how many of us fly models and to tell us where where we fly them. 

To a commercial operator, paying this amount plus the registration for each drone wouldn't be such an issue, considering the cost of what they are punting around in the air. I can also see that it's their best chance at making sure every drone operator, large or small, knows the rules and regulations about their safe operation. Now that Kelvin isn't around, we're not hearing about the near-misses and problems that drones have been causing. It used to be written up in the MAAA newesletter every so often. I wonder if they are getting in the way of fire-bombing operations in Victoria and Tassie at the moment. 

I'm going to have to pay up, as I fly at the cricket oval in Yangan (occasionally) and fly from my orchard over our neighbours crops.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Just finished my CASA consultation survey. Having completed it and by reading all the information within the survey, it looks like it might be a good thing for aeromodelling as a whole. It certainly won't affect the majority of us flying at formal club fields. Registering as a field could be problematic for groups using, for example, a slope near a beach. Henry Joppic Park, the Yangan cricket oval and perhaps the stanthorpe field could be an issue... Barclay field won't be a problem. It's ours and isn't a public space. The wording says 'exclude 3rd parties' or something like that.

CASA isn't going to make a fortune out of it, unlike what I wrote last night. The vast majority of MAAA members won't need to register.

$20 a year and re-accreditation every 3 years is a small price for me (and maybe Dennis) to pay for the privilege of flying at home.
I think that it's the only way CASA would be able to educate 99% of drone and FPV users so that they have some sort of control over illegal and dangerous use of radio controlled aircraft. It may put an end to aeromodellers getting a bad name or copping flack because of a few drones in the state doing the wrong thing in the wrong place.
I'm much more concerned with the numbering and EID tags. I'd like to know how large/heavy they would be but there's no mention of it in their survey. Are they just proposed for sometime in the future and wont take place soon?
It's a future intention and sounds like it may involve something like a transponder so that other aircraft may be able to be alerted to a drone's presence. I can only imagine that it would be/could be used on large drones that are flying a pre-set GPS course over long distances, way beyond LOS. Smaller models may have a microchip injected somewhere, so that when they're ingested into a cessna's cockpit or engine, CASA will be able to scan it and then return it to it's owner with a smile. Easy...