Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
General Announcements
Bring any MIG info . available...see if we can get it on the way....IE: how much corflute required for each plane. ... it's on the net somewhere...just can't find it?..
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Any good ideas for glueing 2.5mm black conflute to 5mm white corflute (ailerons to wing) on MIG.... ??
Would CA be sufficient to hold on aileron??
Angel
I haven't got any CA... if it did work I imagine it would be expensive to use in quantities...I have done some research and corflute (polypropylene) is notoriously difficult to glue due to its surface structure.... this can be altered in a few ways ...low temperature.heat applied and then wiped with windex and also chemically (dunno which one) this is the one weak point in this build...wings to ailerons so if anyone can come up with a solution it would help.
I thought they recommended UHU POR glue. I can't find any locally, so I was going to try normal contact adhesive which sounds much the same. I'm also keen on trying a thin smear of polyurethane but it will need clamping somehow, as this glue expands before setting.
CA would be difficult on such a long line. If you're using el-cheapo tubes, you're bound to run out half way through a run with the first bit drying before you break onto the new tube and get it down...

I almost managed to drop off the templates for the 130% version on Sunday. Too much on, so sacrifices needed to be made... I'll try to drop them off on Wednesday. I have some pylon lights to test to see if they're visible too. Not finished yet, but should be good for our own local racing.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
I bought a lot of CA glue from HobbyKing when the Aussie peso was $1.10 US and put it in the freezer in the back fridge, big bottles. Checked them yesterday, good as new!! So I'll try them first on my ailerons but gotta get some new kicker first. Marcel, Rexel electrical have donated 24 ceiling LED down lights for use in the clubhouse don't recall what wattage, 12v. We will probably use at least 20 in the clubhouse, also courtesy of Vince.
Angel
Quick question about membership renewals. The form says that junior membership applies to anyone under 18 at 1st Jan. Does this refer to 1st Jan 2019 or 2020?
Tried heat gun instead of the gas flame to flash the corflute .... gave more control ....and then wiped it over with methylated spirits to help change the surface structure and remove any oils left over from manufacture of the corflute.... then smoothed some cheap contact cement (PARFIX) over both surfaces waited a while and pressed them together by hand only and it appears to be a success. I noticed some people use WINDEX ...to wipe down after flashing... so could be even better.... and perhaps a more expensive brand of contact cement may do an even better job. PS. APOLOGIES...... I should have kept this discussion in the SPAD FORUM for easy access I will put all future SPAD POSTS in the proper Forum.
(18-06-2019, 12:38 PM)Liam Walton Wrote: Quick question about membership renewals. The form says that junior membership applies to anyone under 18 at 1st Jan. Does this refer to 1st Jan 2019 or 2020?
Hi Liam,
Ill pass this question onto Peter T for clarification!!
Angel
(18-06-2019, 09:09 PM)gbar7217 Wrote:
(18-06-2019, 12:38 PM)Liam Walton Wrote: Quick question about membership renewals. The form says that junior membership applies to anyone under 18 at 1st Jan. Does this refer to 1st Jan 2019 or 2020?
Hi Liam,
Ill pass this question onto Peter T for clarification!!

I have been informed that you have to be under 18 when you join or renew.
Angel