Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
General Announcements
$46 ish including postage I thought was really good considering the saving of time and frustrations using my other mounts.

Our gathering maximums are being squeezed again. This will impact our pylon racing and future meetings if it holds.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.

Barry and myself had these engine mounts built. Can hold various size motors.
Angel
They look good Greg ....cost.?......good turn out on Wednesday arvo...nice to see some  action here on the forum too.....people being able to see stuff happening  in our club has got to be good for WAM. We need all of the support we can get ...Cannot understand  why more members do not contribute  to the forum ...surely they must realise this not only benefits our club but also other people out there who are looking for info about their planes etc....We have a wonderful  field and facilities...and a fantastic  website...If we want more Members......let's make the most of it..and show people there really is some action at our club....This Forum could be one of our clubs greatest assets when it comes to recruitment of new members.
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Huh I feel so alone...
Did you get to fly the Dagger again yet? It was very inspirational to see fly. Cooper is now keen to finish his little corflute model and he's even gone through my display cabinet looking for an engine he can buy off me for it. I'm not parting with any of my engines! Certainly not a near antique one!

We have started cutting out and folding the wing for a Dagger.
Thanks for the inspiration Kennyglide.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Hi Marcel, what size motor is he looking for?? I have a few that he could choose from.
Angel
    My boys washed my old OS 10 in the hand basin today. Nice and clean, but...
All good though, we ran it on the bench to dry it out. Really really tricky to start as the compression isn't flash, but the main problem is that it doesn't have muffler pressure and the carby is very poor at pulling fuel up. Tank position is really critical and in a model would be quite hopeless. Cooper is still keen to put it in his model, so I may as well give it to him as I can't see myself actually using it.

Thanks for the offer though Greg.

This is a GMS 32 (2000) that I bought of RC Trader for $50. Came with a CL venturi, but he had the original RC carb in a box somewhere. Runs like a dream compared to the old OS 10...
I guess that's modern design compared to something that was good back in the 60's or 70's.
Marcel I will hopefully go flying this Thursday arvo as wind is only 2klm...at what point Will i know whether the training is in the morning or afternoon....will it really be put on our forum for all see....based on past experience people seem reluctant to post anything.....as you know I love to fly in the afternoon so it is very important these posts are put up in time for members to know what is happening.....how many students are there if they need a 3 or 4 hour space before they can fit some one like me or other members for a quick 10min flight...we all pay our fees and we are Told we can fly anytime we like...by the way it is important to me personally as i have not been able to fly at the usual times lately due to wind and personal issues ...I fully understand new members have special needs and i think personal training is a good idea but it should not come at the expense of another club member just rolling in for a casual flight and being told come back later when we have finished...we all know there's always batterys to be charged and various adjustments to make ,I'm sure there must be plenty of space for a quick flight .....this decision only creates an US and Them situation ....we have enough division in the club already....Cheers Ken.
I have just received an email from Marcel telling me when I can fly....I have paid my fees ...I would love to be able to fly when the weather is best for flying....I will only take 10 minutes at a time ...if in fact I even turn up....I really appreciate that people need to practice ECT...I will hopefully be flying tomorrow ARVO as I haven't been able to get to the field lately due to family stuff....I do not know when training takes place... morning or evening.... There are very few flyers in this club even on a good day.....so how that few minutes here and there on a week day is going to be disruptive I don't know. There are lots of spaces while people change batteries ,fix planes , adjust transmitter s ECT....as most people know I always prefer to fly in the afternoon...it's the best light for me.I am at a loss to understand the sudden regulations .on our flying times ...50members I would understand...but maybe 0--3 on a very good day I just don't get it.This club is about bringing people together...I don't think this is the way to do it .We want to know we are all welcome to fly when convenient ...but at the same time respecting the people who are under tuition and keeping in mind it is their time as well... they too have paid their $300.00..Cheers Ken
It's going to work everyone.

When an instructor is there teaching students, we are asking that they be given priority. If you can wait, please wait as the students have been waiting for perhaps even longer than you have. What we don't want to happen is for someone to rock up, walk out to the strip and expect to plonk their model on the strip and fly while a student is learning to fly. Learners simply don't need that sort of distraction. I know I can remember what it was like when I was learning to fly and I was a young adult then. Because of a very limited number of instructors, when an instructor is at the field, there may be quite a number of students waiting for their turn at 10 or 15 minutes with him. I'm sure that Dave will be very accommodating with our experienced members if the day happens to be a rare day where flying is possible. He will be posting training times here.

Our learners have also paid their membership and have even more limited opportunities to fly than an experienced pilot. The majority of our members are learning to fly or have limited experience and because they are our majority, these members are our future. Please remember these things everyone.  

Greg and Dave have done an amazing job so far and Dave is wishing to ramp things up even further. It's going to be great to see 10 members or more all waiting in the pits ready to fly solo like the rest of us, isn't it?