Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
General Announcements
(15-07-2018, 09:55 PM)Merryb Wrote: BUNNINGS BBQ this Saturday 21st

8.30  - 11.30am Joanna, Peter T, Ken,  ?
11.30 -  2.30pm 

We need members for the second shift, please.

What a great day we all had today. A big thanks to Barry for all the cakes and slice. Without them we would have had some very hungry members.
Sorry, but I can't always get the numbers right. Cool

Dennis will do 8.30 - 11.00am
Jason     "    "  11.00am - 1.00pm
Nick, Janet, and hopefully Reilly 11.30 - 2.30pm
Dawn and Merry to sell raffle tickets.
https://m.warwickdailynews.com.au/news/d...c/3463661/
Wow... That's awesome! When did we get notice of this? And how did they manage to have an excess of $$'s to give away? They must have an oil rig there or something...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
WOW , their timing is right on...$5,000 ... excellent.... ?
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
BUNNINGS BBQ  ROSTER  Saturday 21st July 2018

8.30  - 11.30AM  Joanna, Peter T, Ken, Dennis

11.00am - 1.00pm  Jason

11.30 - 2.30pm  Nick, Janet, JR, Reilly

Dawn and Merry raffle tickets
I have been trying find the calendar events to no avail....maybe I am looking in the wrong place..... is there still a dedicated "MONTHLY CLUB DAY AND BBQ" and a " FLY DAY ..FORTNIGHTLY. .....NO BBQ" ...I would also like to now if the "WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON FLY " is still happening ....just not clear on this and it would be convenient to be able to be able to refer to the calendar to see exactly what's on and when. I have been informed we fly every Sunday ....but that does not answer the question....Where are the dedicated 2 main days that that were originally being put on the calendar on the same 2 Sundays each month,... or are we working a random system regarding the BBQ CLUB DAY ECT:....? It is important as people need to be able to plan ahead.
Hi Ken, it's always been 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month as the official club day. Every other Sunday is up to anyone who wants to have a fly. Wednesday started out as a good idea but slowly fizzled out. The AGM is on the 5th of August so if members wish to change this situation they have the opportunity.
Angel
Bunnings BBQ was a great success!! Smile

Thank you to all the members who helped make it a great day. At this stage we need every cent we can get so that the 
Club House can be finished and fitted out. Any $'s are $'s that we didn't have before.

Next Sunday 29th July is the display at the markets in Leslie Park. We are sharing our marquee with  Drones  and I would 
like as many members as possible to take it in turns to look after our section. It would be great if at least 7 members could 
donate just 1hr of their time to man our display. Please let me know which hour you would like to do.
We also need some planes for the display. 

The time is 8-30am - 3.00pm   LET'S SHOW THE PEOPLE WHAT WE HAVE!!!
Merry I’ll put my hand up for all day Sunday at this stage
Thanks Greg , so 1st Sunday ...FLY DAY BBQ.....3rd Sunday FLY DAY BBQ..... and general flying for anyone who makes it on the other Sundays...... would be good to see it marked on the Calendar for the convenience of members and prospective members who like myself like to make a day of it on the BBQ day ..I personally find it good to be able to relax over lunch ....have a bit of a catch up and then a bit more flying after lunch .